Olongapo SubicBay BatangGapo Newscenter

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Japanese contractors warned on further snag in expressway project

CLARK ZONE, Pampanga — A Malacañang official warned yesterday the Japanese contractors of the R21-billion Subic-ClarkTarlac expressway project against further delay the construction of the major road link.

Secretary Edgardo Pamintuan, chairman of both the Subic-Clark Alliance for Development Council (SCADC) Luzon Urban Beltway (LUB), issued the warning after he reported to President Arroyo that the principal contractors of the expressway project have incurred a 8.35 slippage that has already delayed the construction by three months.

A 15 percent slippage can be a ground for rescission of contract, he said.

Pamintuan’s office, which is tasked to monitor and fast-track the implementation of at least 25 priority projects of the President, has found out that the Japanese contractors have so far complied with only 50-percent mobilization of new and big heavy equipment needed in the road project.

Pamintuan said that the contractors have been using old and inefficient heavy equipment.

He said that the Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA), which is overseeing the construction of the expressway project, has yet to formally communicate with him on the project delay.

Pamintuan said that he had also asked BCDA officials to conduct an aerial inspection of the project. Under the contract, the project is to be completed before the end of this year.

He noted that the Japanese contractors have promised to pay the fine or penalty for the delay in the construction. But he said that payment of the penalty would not solve the problem, and the project has to be finished according to the stipulated timetable.

Pamintuan arrived here yesterday for the inauguration of the SCADC office and briefing on the progress of the other projects of the President in Central Luzon.
By FRED ROXAS - Manila Bulletin



Post a Comment

<< Home


This is a joint private blog of volunteers from Subic Bay. It is being maintained primarily to collate articles that may be of importance to decision making related to the future of Subic Bay and as a source of reference material to construct the history of Subic Bay.

The articles herein posted remains the sole property of original authors and publications which has full credits to the articles.

Disclaimer: Readers should conduct their own research and due diligence before using any article herein posted for whatever intended purpose it may be. This private web log will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a reader's reliance on information obtained from volunteers of this private blog.

www.subicbay.ph, http://olongapo-subic.com, http://sangunian.com, http://olongapo-ph.com, http://oictv.com, http://brgy-ph.com, http://subicbay-news.com, http://batanggapo.com 16 January 2012