Olongapo SubicBay BatangGapo Newscenter

Saturday, April 07, 2007

A CALL TO UNITY TO SUPPORT ZAMBALES ALLIANCE FOR A PROSPEROUS ZAMBALES

(OPEN LETTER TO THE PEOPLE OF ZAMBALES – PART II)

I filed my certificate of candidacy for Congressman of the 1st District of Zambales last March 29, 2007 at 10:57 p.m. with renewed hope to continue my fight for good government in Zambales.

Initially, you have read in my first open letter to you that I am already saying my goodbye in Zambales politics but with the desire to run for mayor in my town of Subic.

My decision to run for Congressman came as a surprise to many of our supporters and believers. In fact, the following day after the deadline of filing of candidacy, many of my town mates came to visit me to volunteer in the campaign for mayor.

This is a hard decision on my part. My running for Congressman was the result of a consensus of the mayors of Olongapo and the towns of Subic, Castillejos and other leaders in San Marcelino as well as Senator Dick Gordon who was born in Castillejos and therefore has all the rights to involve himself with the solutions to current problems of Zambales. But of course in the end I made the final decision myself.

I decided to run for congressman because I believe that with this position I can continue my fight for a better Zambales. I believe I can push for my vision and mission for Zambales. The only way by which we can change the lives of Zambalenos for the better is by offering the people with better alternatives.

What is outstanding in this present situation is that our key leaders have bonded together and forget our respective personal interests for the sake of the people of Zambales by offering much better alternatives to the people this coming election.

With inspiration from Senator Dick Gordon and trust in his leadership and vision, the Zoom, Zoom Zambales was born. This alliance of leaders who believe there will always be hope for a better Zambales offers a partnership of leaders of Olongapo City and Zambales.

As the saying goes – “in unity there is strength”. This alliance reunites Olongapo City and Zambales into one strong community that will work harder to achieve economic prosperity and save the people from poverty and control of just one family.

The partnership is very obvious with the combination of the following candidates – Ramon Lacbain for Congressman (from Subic), Amor Deloso for Governor (from Botolan) and Anne Gordon for Vice Governor (first lady of Olongapo City) with the full backing of incumbent Castillejos Mayor Wilma Billman and Olongapo City Mayor Bong Gordon.

Zoom. Zoom Zambales with its very strong desire to serve Zambales is the total opposite of the other group coming from just one family - one running for Senator, one running for governor, one running for congressman, one running for party list congressman and another one running for mayor – ALL COMING FROM ONE FAMILY.

I am convinced that there is great chance for Zoom Zoom Zambales to win this battle against one family. The issue is the worsening poverty brought about by the absence of economic programs that will alleviate the many poor Zambalenos from poverty. This one family has not implemented any program and project to solve this problem. They have a different focus.

All Zambalenos within and outside the Philippines are now called to unite and once and for all prevent this one family from continuing to control the province and its people. ISA-ISA LANG, SOBRA NA, IBA NAMAN.

I shall continue my fight for a prosperous Zambales with my strong faith in God and with my determination to succeed, will you join me?

Please visit our website - www.ramonlacbain.com to know the latest developments in our campaign for Congressman and please leave your message in the guestbook so I know how you feel and in case you have any advise.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • Hi Sir Mon:

    In 2 days election na po, All the best!! I know that the people of Zambales will give you their trust as they have given in the past. I accidentally found your blogs as I am doign a research on who are the candidates for governor of Zambales. I hope maalala nyo pa ako, I meet wayback in 2002 in La Liga with BM, i have since transfered work. Again good luck po.

    Cheers,
    Gladstone

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5/12/2007 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

This is a joint private blog of volunteers from Subic Bay. It is being maintained primarily to collate articles that may be of importance to decision making related to the future of Subic Bay and as a source of reference material to construct the history of Subic Bay.

The articles herein posted remains the sole property of original authors and publications which has full credits to the articles.

Disclaimer: Readers should conduct their own research and due diligence before using any article herein posted for whatever intended purpose it may be. This private web log will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a reader's reliance on information obtained from volunteers of this private blog.

www.subicbay.ph, http://olongapo-subic.com, http://sangunian.com, http://olongapo-ph.com, http://oictv.com, http://brgy-ph.com, http://subicbay-news.com, http://batanggapo.com 16 January 2012